Verbalists Announced the Winners of the Language Competition – Verbalize Yourself!
Belgrade, Serbia – June 24, 2011 – The regional language network Verbalists announced the winners of the competition “Verbalize Yourself!”, launched in May, 2011. What made the competition so unique was the fact that the jury evaluated not only creativity of the photo’s description, but also the succinctness of the written verbalization. A photo was to be described in English in no more than 200 characters.
The author of the best “verbalized” photo Angel Ristovski won a main prize — a two-week language scholarship in one of the leading language schools — Kings Colleges.
The Verbalists fans voted Marija Ilievska from Macedonia, with Facebook alias Krushevsko Chupe (Крушевско Чупе), to have the best photo and English verbalization. Marija was awarded a digital camera.
There were 240 contestants who verbalized their photos, coming from no less than 18 countries: Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Romania, Nepal, Egypt, Ukraine, Cameroon, Slovakia, Philippines, USA, Italia, Turkey, Uganda, Germany.
1. Angel Ristovski from Macedonia (The language trip to Oxford!!! – Kings Colleges)
2. Sladjana Jovic from Serbia (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English with CD ROM)
3. Ella Sheitanka from Croatia (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English with CD ROM)
4. Elisaveta Stefanova from Bulgaria (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English with CD ROM)
5. Ilija Jokso Joksic from Serbia (Set of Longman Penguin Readers)
6. Sava Cleaner Veselinović from Serbia (Set of Longman Penguin Readers)
7. Olivera Ivanovic-Klikovac from Montenegro (Set of Longman Penguin Readers)
The best photo in the opinion of the Verbalists fans: Krushevsko Chupe (Крушевско Чупе) from Macedonia (a digital camera)
Special prize for juniors: Mina Dinic from Serbia (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English with CD ROM)
You may see the entries of the winners on the Verbalisti Facebook business page, please click here
Interview: Competition “Verbalizuj se!”
Marija Ilievska – The Winner Voted by Facebook Verbalisti Fans
The Campaign Creative for Radio and Internet Advertising