Harvard, MIT, and Yale give up to full scholarships for international students and this year students can apply without SAT or ACT.
Harvard, MIT, Yale, Princeton, and Amherst are what in the USA is called “need-blind.” Need-blind admission means that the college will not take your student’s financial status into consideration while deciding on admission. If the student is admitted but the parents’ income is low, the need-blind school is obligated to give enough money so the student can attend the college.
The only challenge is that those schools accept only about 5% of all applicants, and in the case of international students, this percentage gets even lower – 0.5% to 3%.
How to determine whether you are the right candidate for those schools?
- Excellent academics – challenging curriculum at school with a GPA of over 4.0. This year it is especially important because most schools waived SAT requirements;
- Special accomplishments – if you won national olympiads in any subject or well-regarded, national academic competitions;
- Special talents – in music, arts, and sports proved by winning competitions or prizes;
- Leadership – are you a captain of the sports team or student body president at your high school;
- Perfect English – TOEFL score of 100+ is still needed for top schools;
- Great essay and recommendation letters.
What about the other Top 100 ranked universities?
Among the Top 100 Universities in the US, there are many that give partial or almost full scholarships to selected candidateseven if they are not need-blind.
Some of the most generous top-ranked schools for international students include:
- Dartmouth College
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Miami University
- Bates College
And here are some schools where getting a scholarship as an international student is extremely difficult or the school has a clear policy preventing them from awarding financial aid to international students:
- UC Berkeley
- Boston University
- Tufts University
- Columbia University
We can help you apply to TOP 100 ranked schools and receive partial scholarships. The application deadline for most of the TOP 100 schools is January 1st. Connect with our team here!