Learning a foreign language is beneficial on a personal level, but even more importantly it opens up a world of opportunities in education, which leads to higher employability. We have recognized the increasing tendency to study abroad, which has resulted in new partnerships between PRODIREKT and educational institutions around the world. Moreover, the business growth of PRODIREKT’s language education group and its Verbalists Communication Network has resulted in more queries coming in regarding overseas studying and general education counseling. In order to satisfy the increasing demand in this field of education, we are opening up a position for a Career and Academic Adviser to join our small but highly efficient team.
Working closely with the managing director, the Academic Adviser provides guidance and support to prospective students wishing to attend high schools or universities abroad. He or she assess the student’s interests, preferences and abilities, and compiles all the best fit options, discussing each in detail. Once a college or university has been selected, the Academic Adviser guides the student through the application process, preparing him/her for all stages – completing administrative requirements, preparing for selection interviews, checking documentation and acting as the communicator between the school and the student. The Adviser offers support and reassurance throughout the process, as well as a follow-up on progress and satisfaction post-enrollment.
Career counseling could be with young adults, though the biggest focus is on professionals and managers looking to explore career paths, change careers or engage in career advancement. A Career Adviser needs to be able to communicate with professionals from all backgrounds, as well as recognize their needs and wishes, in order to provide career advice most suited to them. The research related to presenting career options must be thorough and well explored.
Identify and interact with prospective students
- Interact and consult with their parents or guardians on choosing the right career path for them
- Act as the image of the organization, promoting its attitudes and values through each action
- Choosing best fit colleges/universities for the candidate
- Seek out new opportunities with potential students; communicate via telephone (must be prepared to make many phone calls at times)
- Carry out preliminary enrollment interviews
- Availability and support for students
- Adapt to different needs and wishes of students of different backgrounds
- Track student progress and follow-up as and when needed
- Endeavor to represent the company and its academic service at its best
- Listen to and identify the needs of the candidate
- Interact at the appropriate level
- Provide clear guidance and explanation for each possible option for career plans
- Where appropriate, conduct aptitude tests to identify career suitability
- Help with any application processes, documentation review (cover letters, CVs, resumes)
- Collect all necessary information about the career options for the client (career programs, events, courses, job openings)
- Help with job search techniques
- Track progress and have review meetings with the candidate
Experience working in a similar role (education and/or career counseling)
- Native or proficient level of English
- Completed Bachelor degree
- Able to communicate at all levels (young adults, parents and guardians, college and university staff and academics; professionals, employers, institutions providing specialized courses for specific career paths)
- Enthusiastic and friendly as well as approachable in order to make students and candidates feel at ease in stressful times
- Knowledge of different systems of education
- Excellent written skills in English for professional communication with international institutions
- Internet and social network enthusiast
- Organized and well-presented
- Work well independently and under pressure
If you are driven and persistent, have empathy and enjoy working with people, especially young adults, we would like to hear from you.
Applications from motivated, newly-qualified graduates who wish to further develop their careers in a highly challenging international environment are also welcome. Preferred candidates will have attended high school and/or university at an international institution, and will be familiar with different systems of education in the world. Candidates will also learn about university pathways and career counseling, and have the opportunity to experience the role independently, first hand.
Candidates interested in applying for these job posts, please e-mail a letter of interest as well as your CV in English and your native tongue, with your most recent photograph, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be dealt with in strict confidence.